Friday 7 October 2011

Vegetable Patch

Tomato to Asparagus

Asparagus
I have finished looking after the orchids now, I think it is about time to plant my vegetables. 

My vegetable patch is full from the winter plants; such as red and savoy cabbages also some herbs. However, there is space for a few more plants.  I planted the red tomatoes the other day, today I will plant the yellow one. 

Hot chillies, beans, eggplants and zucchinis I love to plant them too, maybe this coming week.  And the annual herbs: basils; sweet basil and Vietnamese basil.

The asparagus keeps on coming up, so far we have harvested about ten also, and now I saw about six shooting up.

The Patch



New Tomato Plants-Planted This Week



Gardening is so rewarding, I found it very relaxing.  I enjoy the rewards, and this is one of them.  I baked mini herb bread with the fresh herbs from the garden.  I am pleased that I could share the recipe.


Mini Herb Bread Loaves
Freshly Baked The Mini Herbs Bread Loaves




Mini Herbs Bread
11/2 cups self-rising flour
1 cups mix chopped fresh herbs
1/3 cup grated cheese
60g margarine
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon cream cheese
2/3 cup milk
1 egg

Method
Preheat oven to 175 degrees C
Buttered the mini tin loaf
Place the flour, herbs, cheese, margarine and salt in a large bowl.
Beat the egg lightly, add in the milk and the sour cream, stir together
Add into the flour mixture at once, stir and mix to combine
Spoon the prepared mini loaves, and bake in the preheated oven for 18 minutes.
Cool in a rack.

One of my tasty recipes, It is a lovely mini herb bread loaf. 


I will keep you up to date with my vegetable patch, I am sure in six weeks times it is going to fill up.

Until next post.
Susy



No comments:

Post a Comment