Thursday 13 October 2011

To My Mother

Special     -    Baking

In  Memory  Of  My  Dear  Mother

Today is the anniversary of my dear mother, who passed on nine years ago on the thirteenth of October 2002.  I was not there at the time. It was a celebration of her life with a large number of people; family, extended family, friends, neighbours and the community which my mother was involved in during her life time.  But I was lucky enough to be able to hear the ceremony from my home here in Traralgon, Australia, thanks to modern technology.  The service was so grand, she had three priests to lead the prayers, and I could hear clearly even though it was taking place far away in Java.

Since then, my siblings and friends in Java often get together to think of a mother, but I never had a chance to be there.  I think a lot about her.  She loved me dearly as she loved all her children.
This time I feel like to do something different that she would be pleased and happy about.
I decided to bake some cakes that I could share with friends.  Whenever I do cooking, I feel at home and happy. I had so much fun preparing the cakes - chocolate and pear cakes, while I was doing it I thought a lot about her, she lives forever in me.  She was so beautiful, kind, and always thought of others. I respect her highly.

I wanted to do the baking this special cake at the date of her anniversary that is the thirteenth this month. So I could share it with friends on that day.  I could do it, what I need was that I had to be organised.  The night before I got the ingredients, lined the tins with paper, everything that what I needed was there, so in the morning what I do is only mixing the cakes, baking, and decorating.  Still a lot of work to do, but I could get it finished soon after nine o'clock.  It was successful baking.  I am pleased with myself that I could share the cakes with people and friends at our club.  
That was her life all about, my mother was happy to be with friends, working hard, and she enjoyed sharing.  Thank you for all your love,  mother.


Preparation and The Baking of The Cakes.

Organising the ingredients the night before.  Lined the tins with paper etc., on the 12th of October

Keeping the dry ingredients in the two containers, sugar in the small bowl covered.  Sifted chocolate and flour in the large bowl covered.  They were organised the night before, the twelve of October.
Getting the other ingredients, milk, egg, butter and poached pear that I did a few days before.
Mixing the cakes mixture, was very easy and quick, took only 6 minutes. Divided the cakes mixture into tins and bake for about thirty-five minutes. I got my double oven going together.
Slicing the poached pear for the cakes before baking.


 The cakes were baked beautifully, they are on the cooler tray.  Rest them for five minutes before turning them out to cool.
 Put some chocolate ganache on top and scattered some roasted almond flakes, then dust with icing sugar.
To dress up the second cakes
The third cake was slightly higher from the two previous cakes as the tin may be slightly smaller.  But it was baked beautifully
The cake was dress up a little different, I put almonds on edge after putting the chocolate ganache then dusted with icing sugar






It has been a pleasant day,  I shall get on with my life to be useful as she was, I hope.  My mother is together with my father now.

The cakes were so delicious, sweet, moist, and as always I present them very well, I did not forget my herbs and purple sage flower in the decorations.  Lilac or purple was her favourite colour.

I believed that people enjoyed the cake.


Until next post
Susy




2 comments:

  1. Dear Susy ,what a beautiful story Your cakes looked delicious. I am sure your Mother certainly would be extremely Proud. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christine for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete