Saturday 22 October 2011

Candy-Candies

Candied Angelica


This is the continuation of glace angelica, making the process that I posted on the 18th of October.   It turned out I was not making glace angelica after all, but instead, I have candied the angelica.  It worked out very well, I think I have enough to keep for my Christmas cake.  It was not an easy process; however I may do it again.

I was at this stage:  I put them into a bowl and sprinkle it with granulated sugar between layers, covered and left it for two days.  The sugar was dissolved, after two days the angelica was in syrup.



Then I opened the cover slid contents of the bowl into a heavy-based pan.  Bring very slowly to the boil and simmer until the angelica looks clear.






I drained the syrup, then tossed the shoots-angelica on greaseproof paper thickly strew with sugar, letting the angelica take up as much sugar as will stick to it.












Keeping the angelica in a dry place overnight to dry.


Candied Angelica
Candied Angelica


The last thing to do is to wrap the candied angelica in baking paper and keep in a dry container.



Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment