Wednesday 5 October 2011

Pasta

Fettuccine with Sour cream

Simple pasta, but delicious.  It is a flat pasta -fettuccine cooked in chicken stock and dressed in sour cream and herbs.  Poach some chicken, reserve the stock, shred the chicken and keep aside.
Boil about 250 gr fettuccine, cook for eight to ten minutes in hot boiling salted water.  While you are boiling the pasta, heat the two cups of stock in a saucepan, bring to simmer and add to it some bouillon cubes for extra flavour, white pepper, salt and two tablespoons of olive oil.
When the pasta is almost cooked (al dente), strain it, then add the pasta and the shredded chicken to the stock, stir and let it cook for a few minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.  Then add in mix fresh herbs (dill, chives, parsley) and about two tablespoons of sour cream and extra olive oil.  Mix and toss the pasta around, taste the seasoning, then serve hot with Parmesan cheese.  It is delicious!

Chicken Fettuccine with Sour Cream and Fresh Herbs


The pasta can be garnished with chopped fresh avocado too if you wish.  I forgot to say that I used dried pasta from the shop.  It is not homemade pasta.  I am efficient, most of the time I buy all pasta, but for a treat, I do make my own pasta; ravioli, gnocchi and tagliatelle.  Next time I will share a recipe on how to make homemade pasta.

The last stage of cooking the pasta
Add the sour cream, herbs, and extra olive oil
 mix and toss them properly
Chopped Avocado is Excellent Garnish for the Pasta.
Radicchio is my Favorite Bitter Lettuce
the best salad leaves


Serve fresh salad after the pasta, it is very refreshing and healthy.  Green leafy salad is always in my menu after serving any kind of pasta, to complete the meal.

Midweek is quick and easy cooking, that was what I did.  The family loved it.


Enjoy the rest of the week until the weekend. 
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment