Monday 10 October 2011

Roasts

Simple Roast Chicken

Why simple roast chicken, because that was what I cooked today.  A roast chicken, without stuffing, but beautifully stuffed under the skin with herbs and butter.  It took less than an hour to cook.
It's garnished with roasted brown onion, sweet potato, carrots, potato, green peas and squash, served with white sauce.

To roast the simple chicken you need a small roasting pan that the chicken can fit in snugly and cook in a very hot oven for 35 minutes then reduce to a lower heat and cook for 18 minutes further.  The stuffing under the skin -  butter and herbs, helped the chicken cook faster and look better too.   It is self basted almost that made the chicken look brown.  Rest the chicken at least for ten minutes before carving.



It is a bit unusual for me to cook a roast on Monday, especially I had a busy morning,  however, because the cooking was so simple, it worked out very well. 

Dinner is Served
 Chicken with Garnishes is Served with White Sauce.


I will continue my cooking journey next time trying to cook Lebanese.  It should be interesting.  As we all know, how generous and elaborate spread that the people have for their table.
Well, I am for it, I will do the simplest thing first to start,  maybe a salad!

Stay Tuned
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment