Wednesday 3 August 2011

Vegetable - Patch

Fertilizing  And  Mulching


The young Red Cabbage
The weather has been good for the past few days, I took advantage of it, to do some work around the garden. Tidying up, fertilising the plants and mulching the vegetable patch that is what I did today.  I don't have many vegetables though, only lamb lettuces, cabbages, they are tiny still; five Savoy and five red cabbages in the patch. This is my third time to plant cabbages.  The herbs started to shoot, soon they will fill up space.
I am looking forward to having fine cooking of the fresh cabbages and sharing the new recipes.

Today, I prepared diced vegetables and Ricotta salad on red cabbage with glazed walnuts. It is dressed with lime citrus dressing.  A light salad, with a lot of textures.  It's a very delightful meal.   Delicious.

The components of the salad:
- diced boiled beetroots, diced pan-fried yacon and diced steamed ricotta/egg-chives
- shredded cabbage and pear,  roasted-glazed walnuts and herbs; mints -parsleys

Diced Vegetables and Ricotta Salad on Red Cabbage with Glazed Walnuts


This year I planted cabbages and herbs in a large pot, they are looking good. I put some mulch for them as well, hope I did the right thing. I did not forget to put some slag bait as well. 
Other fresh vegetables are always suitable for the family, we have a lot of salads and veg in our diet.


Before and After Mulching















Left: Diced Veg and Ricotta Salad On Red Cabbage


I am pleased about the pleasant weather, I did have fun in the garden today.
Until next time
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment