Saturday 27 August 2011

Cheeses

Feta Cheese Pie

Feta is one of the Greeks' contributions to the world about good food.  I love Feta, it's very salty, but you need only to eat a little.   You can do so much with Feta.  You can cook or enjoy it as plain cheese.  You can marinade in olive oil then serve as mix salads, and also you can make pies. To keep the cheese, place it in a jar and fill up with generous olive oil and herbs, or place it in a container and fill up with water, change the fresh water daily.  

Today I wanted to enjoy the Feta my own way.  I cooked a Feta cheese pie,  this is what I did; I prepared my rich water pastry (using water and egg to make the pastry), then I filled this pastry with Feta cheese and mix herbs-oregano, mints and crushed bay leaves.
I cooked the pie on top of the stove, I did not need to bake the pie in the oven.  It worked very well.


Feta Pie in Layers Pastry



Serve this pie hot or room temperature. It's suitable for the next day too. I like to eat it by hand, and I enjoy this pie with a glass of wine.


Flaky and layers pastry with
creamy Feta cheese in the middle
Feta Cheese Pie
garnished with avocado and almonds
 


The family always enjoys my homemade pastry.  What I like about this pie is the soft inside layers and the crispy outside.  It's so delish. It was Successful cooking indeed.


Until next post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment