Friday 26 August 2011

Flowers

Collections

Cyclamens   -   Orchids Cymbidium   2011


I have fresh cut flowers or living flowers for my living room and the kitchen most of the time.  I love it that way.  Flowers are beautiful, they have lovely colours that brighten up the rooms. They make the rooms look so festive.

Now is the flowering season for cyclamens and orchids.  You can keep both flowering plants inside the house for display, but you have to remember to air them from time to time.  Every second day, I put my cyclamens outside at night time for fresh air then I put them back inside the house in the morning.
For the orchid, I take them outside to water them, and I let them stay there for a few hours.  They do need fresh air and the morning sun.

I added a new orchid-Masdevallia and new cyclamens for my collections this year.  I hope these plants grow well, so next year I will have a lot more flowers.

Pictures of flowering cyclamens so delicate and beautiful, also the orchids, they are absolutely gorgeous.

Masdevallia veitchiana  'Angel Frost'


I have been busy gardening, also airing and watering the orchids and looking after the cyclamens. The weather has been great, it's dry, warmish and there was no wind.  It's perfect for the activities.  A busy, busy day!  Time flies if you have a good time.

I did not have time for cooking today, and yet I am happy enough because working for the flowering plants really pleases me too.


Stay tuned for new recipes soon
Susy

1 comment: