Wednesday 31 August 2011

Angelica

Glace  Angelica

I bought an angelica plant at the farmers' market last year,  I think it's growing well.  I want to make glace angelica.  It does need a lot of preparation, but I am for it. I hope I could find an easy recipe.
The plant is tiny, it is not ready for preserving or candying yet.  I may have to wait a little longer.
My Angelica Plant

I like to share a recipe daily if I think it is fit for all of you to try.  But today I want to show you about my reinvention of Bisteeya- Moroccans Pie.  It is a vegetarian pie, with fillings of broccoli and egg custard with turmeric flavour.  For chicken bisteeya, you would have chicken, egg /lemony custard and almond nuts. I serve the broccoli bisteeya- this pie with almond nuts as the topping, it is the crunch of the almond nuts that give extra delight for the dish.  See what do you think, it is delicious and an excellent vegetarian dish.

Susy's Broccoli Bisteeya

A Slice of the Broccoli Bisteeya.


Tomorrow is the first day of spring, I have been having a good winter, and I am welcoming the spring with enthusiasm.

The Promising Wisteria. Lots of Buds

This month is a particular month for friends as they had their birthdays.  Also, today is a birthday to a dear friend-Nicole and a wedding anniversary to our eldest daughter Melanie.

Happy birthday to you all and hope you had a great day: Dianne, Mrs A, Martine, Eileen, Don, Berry, Heather, Jeff and Silvia.  To Nicole, have a fantastic day today, happy birthday. 
Happy 10 wedding anniversary to Mel and Lance.

I am thinking of my parents. Also, they could have been their 63 wedding anniversary today. Thank you both, mother and father- ibu / Bapak.  
I am sure they have celebrations in God's garden.

Lilac is my mother's favourite colour


Until Next Post
I hope you all have been enjoying the last day of winter.

Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment