Sunday 7 August 2011

Pastries

Susy's  Water Pastry


The pastries are ready to roll  for the
last time to make a more beautiful pastry
I have been having so much fun with the pastry.  I cooked Martabak, I prepared Feta, Egg Pie and a Sweet - around Walnut and Almond Cake in pastry.  It is based on Baklava.  

Baklava is a perennial favourite, a classic Greek pastry made with flaky phyllo dough that is layered with a cinnamon-spiced nut filling; bathed in sweet syrup. It’s crunchy; delicious and very decadent.


Round Baklava with Orange-Almond Centred bathed
in Sweet Syrup.

Sweet, Rich and Decadent-Mini Round Baklava Cakes


 Martabak Telur
Cut into slices,  served with pickled cucumber, shallots and
fresh green/red chillies

Feta and Egg pie, cut into wedges and served with a salad.
Feta and Egg Pie

I am so pleased that everything worked out very well.  The Sweets-the baklava with almond-orange cake in the middle, so delish and decadent.   I remember vividly that a Greek lady served that kind of cake to her visitors, only she did not make it herself.  I did it with my own pastry. It's a success.! The cake looks beautiful, taste absolutely delicious, crunchy and sweet.  She will have been so proud of me if she tastes it.  Hi Sophia!


A lot more exciting baking is coming soon.  Stay tuned.
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment