Tuesday 6 March 2012

Apology

Sumeet: Egyptian Bread-Sesame Seeds Rings

The banquets of the Egyptians were very interesting (the previous post).  To tantalise the topic, I cooked today’s  Egyptian bread, which is the sesame bread ring.  I think my adaptation of the recipe that I found in the vast web worked very well, but I beg your pardon, I shaped the bread ring inaccurately.  I think I have to fix it, my apology, especially to the regular visitors and readers.

Egyptian Bread
Sesame Seeds Ring - Semeet

Freshly Baked Sesame Seeds Ring


   Now the shape of the sesame seeds ring is the right one or at least close enough.


I did a batch today, and it makes 8 small bread rings.  I found the dough did not rise as high as yesterday because the absence of the egg, but it tastes good and I think it keeps better.
Spices were added, cinnamon powder, cloves and bay leaf powder, they gave extra delicate colour and beautiful fragrance as well as flavour.


 sesame bread rings
(they are the right shape)

It has been fun to do, I love working with dough.  It is very relaxing, therapeutic and delightful.


I hope you like the story about "The banquets of the Egyptians", another tale of Ancient banquets is coming soon.  Stay Tuned.

Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment