Tuesday 22 November 2011

Smelling The Roses

Beautiful  Sunday


Last weekend my youngest daughter Susan was home for a visit.  We had a lovely time to catch up.  On Sunday we took her to the Latrobe Rose & Garden Show, it was great, we were all so amazed to see varieties of roses.  From old fashion roses to hybrids.  Beautiful colours of the hybrids and of course, the lovely fragrance of the old fashion roses.  From plain colour to variegated, they are absolutely gorgeous.






We loved roses, but we liked the vegetable section, as well as the paintings.  I learnt some local artists do great art.  The flower arrangements were terrific too. 

I was so pleased that I went, last year I missed it.  I think Susan had a good time too, in fact, she suggested that I should enter this competition for next year, she believes that I will do well.  I think I must!




Dried Leaves Mosaic



This organisation is very generous.
 - Exhibits No Entry Fee. 
Admission to show Gold Coin - Children Free. 

I remember when I put my gold coin for the donation, the lady at the door offered me if I like to buy a raffle ticket.  I  only bought one ticket.

The picture above shows different flowers, they are not roses, but it is appropriate because it is Rose & Garden Show.


Overall we had a great time, Susan understood better about roses, and she loves it.  We left the show to continue our pleasant outing to do Christmas shopping, it was a success. What a beautiful Sunday it was spending time with the family.

Susan was leaving for Melbourne about half-past four, while I was saying goodbye to her,  the telephone rang,  I ran to answer, a voice of a lady from the other end asked to speak to Susy, she kept on talking telling that Susy has won the raffle.  I was so surprised, the last raffle ticket I won was in 1986 at Susan's kindergarten.    That was indeed a Beautiful Sunday! A Lucky Sunday. Now if I smell the roses, they have a better fragrance than before.

To The Winner

This is a good omen I believe, the Christmas celebration has begun for the Hardjonos, and only gets better.

The raffle prize is a collection of small bottles of spirits and beers.  Well, we shall enjoy the drinks, but I will use some of the beer for a beer batter an excellent batter for cooking fish or other seafood.

The recipe:  

Beer Batter


1cup self-rising flour
1 small egg 50 g mix 2 tablespoons water (egg mixture)
1 cup icy cold beer
Salt to taste
Method
Place flour in a bowl, add the egg mixture, stir to combine
Little by little whisk in the beer until batter is smooth.
Add in the salt, and stir.
Refrigerate to rest for about 25 minutes.



A lot more Beautiful Sundays and Happy Days that is my spirit.
Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment