Monday 21 November 2011

The Rooms

The Room With A View


If you like nature as I do, you will enjoy the beautiful, restful, green and very peaceful view.  The view changes through the seasons, from summer, autumn, winter to spring.  It is my backyard.
Through my kitchen window, the view is so beautiful and bright, especially to be sitting in my kitchen table having breakfast or sipping tea at noon.

Looking out through the kitchen window.

This misty morning while I was sitting looking outside, I noticed how green and lush the pittosporums standing straight and tall, to create a high wall.  If you are in the house or in the yard, you can feel safe because of this Wall.  I took it for granted in the past until Rayner took this snapshot, then my mind works wonder to think and to remember what has been happening in the backyard that I can see from the particular room inside the house.


Standing outside the kitchen window.

Regular visitors come; the two blackbirds, searching for their food and some time I see a cat curled up under my potted wisteria enjoying the warmth of the sun in the sunny day. 
The green grass stretches almost endlessly after being cut by Rayner that lifts up the beauty of little islands, my beds of mixed plants and roses. 

Herbs for Tisane: Nutmeg Geranium, Mint, Chocolate Mint
Fennel and Lemon Balm

Indeed, I am very fortunate, on a busy day, on the day I try to make sense of things, I can eventually stop to have herbal tea,  my own brew and sit in the room and enjoy the greens - the tranquillity of the view. Relaxed and grateful.

Fresh cut flowers,  I love to have them for the rooms inside the house. Wherever I sit and look around in any directions, I can see the pretty flowers.   That is the luck of having a small space,  everything is within my reach, every room has a lovely view.


Fresh herbs cut daily for my kitchen, today I am sharing how to prepare herbal tea. 
Select any herbs that you like (mints, lemon balms) wash them properly, place them in a pot or directly on the cup/mug, pour in hot boiling water to fill up.  Let it brew for 5 minutes.  The tea is ready.  Enjoy!

On that note, I hope all of you had a good Monday the start of a new week, have great days for the rest of the week.

Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment