Sunday 27 November 2011

Show And Tell


Cabbage Tree

It is not *Livistona australis, but it is my cooking.  I borrow the name as the dish reminds me of a fan, the fan palm - a family of the cabbage tree palm.  It is a slow cooking style. I use green and red cabbage stuffed with meat. Also, it can be done with vegetarian filling-chestnuts, potato and almonds.  The dish is served either hot or room temperature.  It is delicious food, and the flavour is intensified if you keep it for the next day. 

*Livistona australis (Cabbage Palm, Fan Palm, Cabbage Tree Palm)Large, attractive fan palm. Growth to 30 m, crowned with shiny leaves 3-4.5 m long. In summer it bears flower spikes with sprigs of cream-white flowers. The fruit is red, turning black when it is ready to be peeled and planted. Distribution: Widespread along Australian east coast, in moist open forests, rain forests, often swampy sites. Photo © Australian National Botanic Gardens.


Cabbage Tree - in Susy's Sunday Best Series
Suitable for A Meal is Shared At Table
  




What   Is    IT?


I am not sure, a wildflower?  The wildflowers can be found somewhere at the outback.  I believed a lot of beautiful wildflowers are there.  Australia wildflowers are very famous, people from all over the world come to visit and see, to enjoy the astonishing flowers.

I am showing what  I can do with cabbages, this time white cabbage. Sauté shredded cabbage as Javanese do to cook orak-arik which needs some eggs to make the dish.  But this is caramelising the cabbage to get extra flavour and an effect on the plate.  It goes very well with pan-fried rustic kangaroo fillets, taste wise.  Only the presentation is telling a story.  Well what is it, you all can guess. . . . Tell me!






I do hope that you enjoy my Show and Tell, It has been fun to share the story with you.

Thank you all for visiting my Blog.  Have a happy Monday and a great week.


Pleasant and Relaxed Sunday.

Susy.

No comments:

Post a Comment