Wednesday 27 July 2011

R - R - R

Rice  and  Roo  and  Radicchio

I believe that anyone can cook.   I can say that I am a keen cook.  My curiosity about cooking has started since I was a young girl.  I live in Australia now, the opportunity to learn and to explore food and cooking is fantastic. I am not strict in my tradition in terms of cooking because I like to learn more.   I cook a variety of meals for my family, and they are happy enough, and they are very supportive too.

Beautifully Cooked Roo Meat in Brioche
One thing I know, if you are very good at the cooking of your own traditional food, then you can do other cooking. 

I learn about new flavours, textures in food with eagerness.  In fact, I love to experience combining unique flavour with others, I can be very adventurous that way, especially with fruit or vegetables or even meat. This yacon, which has a sweet taste and of crunchy texture, is a new vegetable to me, and I love it.  I make it for acar,  a side salad that is served with rice and other savoury dishes.

Rice, with Roo meat in Javanese curry sauce (bumbu rujak) and
garnished with Acar yacon and carrots

There are a lot of red meats that are available here, beef, goat, lamb-the great Australian lamb, and kangaroo.  Only recently the kangaroo meat is available at the supermarket or Farmer's market.  I tried it and loved it.  It is healthier red meat, has less cholesterol, only you must know how to cook it properly.  I cook the all type of meat for quick sauteing, grilling, and I cooked this Roo meat into an excellent elegant dish- "Roo in Brioche", a French Dish Down Under.  It is suitable for a dinner party.


Roo meat in mousse wrapped in Brioche

Freshly Baked fillet Roo meat in Brioche


Slice Roo meat in Brioche is Served with Mustard Sauce
and Garnished with Lamb Lettuce and Radicchio Salad
It is a delicious dish for Autumn, but also excellent for a light
Winter Dish


Kangaroo meat has a strong flavour.  I put healthy herbs and served it with bitter vegetables- radicchio, creamy mastered sauce, or curies sauce. 

These R and R and R are absolutely Ridgy-didge indeed.

Until Next Post
Susy.

No comments:

Post a Comment