Tuesday 5 July 2011

L a y e r - C a k e

Lapis Legit - Spekkoek
(Layer   Spiced   Cake)



The most popular layer cake in Indonesia is spekkoek.  This cake is a Dutch influence.

I remember when I was a little girl, I used to have this cake for a treat.  Now and then when I have a chance to visit Indonesia, my family or friends always serve this beautiful cake for me.

Now my two younger sisters; Lusi and Noer often bake this Layer Cake, they do it correctly.  I tried to cook it yesterday.  It was my first attempt, I have never done it before, but the result was not too bad, and the taste also great.  The cake is a mini layer cake; it has eleven layers with cinnamon, mace and cloves flavours. 

For a talented home baker, my younger sister Noer; she bakes beautiful layer cakes, maybe more than twenty-five layers, with a verity of flavours - chocolate etc.  I may have to ask her for the recipe.

My Mini Layer Cake
Eleven Layers Spiced Cake, So Delicate.


a slice of the eleven layers cake
a delightful treat to go with coffee



Next time if I have a good recipe, I will bake the layers of chocolate and spiced cake.
Until then and stay tuned.



My First Flowering Orchid 2011
Cymbidium Orchid


Thanks for visiting my Blog
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment