Thursday 14 July 2011

Precious Pomelo

Two   Pomeloes


No pomelo harvest fully matured this year.  I have only a couple of pomelos on my tree, one had dropped off earlier this month and the other one I found on the ground last Sunday,  it was a windy and rainy day. You know what,  I have to wait again for another season. We had heavy rains and strong winds, a lot of plants or trees had suffered.  However, the pomelo tree stands firmly, I must put some compost to enrich the soil I think, and next year, I will have a better harvest.

I have to keep my two very Precious - Pomeloes in storage,  within a month, I will do something about them. 

The Precious Pomeloes

I know that the skin/pith can be made into candies, and the flesh of the fruit is good for fruit salads, mix salads with other vegetables, it is excellent to garnish for meat dishes etc.

I will share the recipe of "Babi Kecap''- Pork with Sweet Soy my own version.  It's sautéd fillet of pork with Sweet Soy and a lot of Shallots,  garnished with the flesh of the pomelo.   A delicious and delectable dish.

Until next time
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment