Thursday 7 July 2011

P o m e l o

One Pomelo.

Today is not a good day for me. While I was getting herbs at my backyard, I saw a pomelo on the ground under its tree.
I shouted OMG, the wind did it.  It has been extreme wind for the past few days, and during the night time was even worst.  I have only two pomelos this year on my tree, I was looking forward to having them till the full harvest. 

Now I have only one left, I do hope this fruit will hang on, I want to see what it is like to have fresh pomelo at its best.  The wind the stormy wind, it is nature, it's beyond my control, I know.  One pomelo is better than nothing.


My Small Pomelo Tree
In The Backyard
my precious pomelo
dropped on the ground















Pomelo after being Sectioned
(From Wikipedia)
The flesh of the Pomelo
(From Wikipedia)













Recipe for Pomelo

Javanese Fruit Salad

1 Pomelo, peeled and get the flash out
1 young cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1 Mango, peeled and slice into small pieces

The dressing or the dipping sauce:
1 cup grated palm sugar
1 tablespoon tamarind juice
1 tablespoon water
a pinch of salt


Mix the ingredients together, to make a smooth runny paste
Transfer into a small serving bowl.

To serve
Place the fruits on a serving plate, place the dipping bowl in the middle






The Fruit from my Pomelo Tree




It is available at the Asian Grocery Store.

Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment