Wednesday 20 July 2011

Midweek Baking

Scones  To  Orange  Cake
From scones to family’s orange cake was my baking today.  It's my own recipe of rich scones with egg.  It is fruit scones, sweet enough, so I omit the sugar, but because of the egg, the textured is smoother and lighter. Indeed, my family loved it.  I share the recipe and happy baking to you all.

freshly baked Susy's Rich Scones


warp in a cloth to keep before serving

Recipe

Susy’s Rich Fruit Scones

Ingredients:
1cup full self-rising flour
1tablespoon margarine
½ cup mix dried fruit-sultana, currant, and dates.
1 egg
½ cup milk
1teaspoon marmalade
Method
Heat the oven to 200 degrees C
Rub margarine to the self-rising flour and place it in a bowl
Add in the mix dried fruit
Mix the egg, milk and marmalade, and stir
Add the milk mixture to the sr-flour, mix quickly to make the dough
Knead the dough lightly, and roll it out to 1½ cm thickness
Cut the dough into eight with a knife or scone cutter
Bake in the preheated oven for 12-16 minutes (as every oven is different)

Have Fun!

The orange cake looks beautiful.  I was brought up with cakes that did not have cream or iced topping.  This orange cake is a quick mix cake (a melting method), and it has almond flakes topping.  It is moist and keeps well in an airtight container for a few days.  I made everything from scratch.

The orange cake is ready to bake
Freshly baked-The Family's Orange Cake

When I was preparing these scones and the cake;  got me thinking, maybe its better if I cook a pie for dinner as well,  to make use of the oven.   I did a pie with a Spanish flavour. I don’t think that this pie exists in Spain. We spent a few days in Spain, but of course there were no such pies, but definitely, the flavour is Spanish flavour.  Chorizo, onion cheese pie in water pastry.  Impromptu, cooking for the Day!

Preparation of the pie
The filling: chorizo, onion and cheese

Freshly baked -  Pie with Spanish Flavour


It is a skinny pie with lovely fillings and crispy pastry.  Serve with red capsicum/chilli sauce.  Delish!!


Enjoy the rest of the weekdays until the weekend.

Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment