Tuesday 21 June 2011

P r e s e r v i n g

Preserving Olives  

I am so pleased that I have harvested the kalamata olives.  Today I decided to preserve the olives.  I put the olives in a pot and add it water. I make sure that the olives are submerged in the water, so I put a plate on top.  Now I put the lid on to the pot, and I keep it in the dark place.  From now on I have to change the water daily up to fourteen days. It is essential because it is the way to get rid of the bitter taste of the olives.

I leave it from now, then I will be back to continue what I have to do after two weeks.  I will keep you informed about the next process.  It takes time to preserve olives, but it is fun to do, mainly I got this olive from the backyard, my husband's olive tree.

From the Olive Tree to the Container: The Process of Preserving Olives

Freshly Picked
Home Grown Olive

Clean the Olives
Place Them on a Pot

Add in Water
To Cover the Olives

Put a Plate on Top
The Olives is Submersed in Water
All the Time

Cover the Pot
Ready to Keep in a Dark Place




Until next time
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment