Monday 27 June 2011

The Backyard

My backyard is so untidy at the moment.  The wet weather makes me reluctant to do gardening.   Today was a beautiful day, the sun was out, even though it's cold. I was so eager to work in the backyard.
The roses need pruning, and I have a few of them.  So far I have pruned more than twenty roses: rose bushes, also including ground covers and a standard pink rose.  I did very well really because I started it from yesterday, late afternoon.  I will continue tomorrow to prune the rest of the roses.  Two climbing roses and at least ten standard roses, a few more rose bushes and about eight miniature roses.  A lot of work.

The Rose Bushes
After Pruning
Rose Bushes
Before Pruning












I decided not to prune my hydrangeas this year, I want to see what is going to happen this coming spring.   Last spring, they were blooming beautifully.
The grandchildren love to play in the backyard.  Mary Rose, my granddaughter loves to play at the yard and also loves to pick fresh flowers to make a flower arrangement.  She does it beautifully, she is a little artist.  Master Thomas, my second grandson, enjoys running around in the backyard, every time he comes for a visit.

Hydrangea Garden
In Spring Time
Hydrangea Garden
At Present - Winter




Hydrangea Garden  At Spring Time
Mary Rose Loves The Flowers
Thomas Ran Around with the Cape on


My sweet potato plants looked so tired, the leaves are yellowish.  I thought that it is about time to harvest before the frost is here.  So I dug up, and I have the new sweet potatoes, the size is not big, but I think they are good enough.

I am not sure yet what I am going to do with them.  Maybe a sweet dish or a cake.  Times is similar like croquette but soft and without filling.  Using young potatoes is the best way. Timus is Javanese fried mashed sweet potatoes dumpling.

Today's bonus from the backyard is the harvest of sweet potatoes.  Not bad.


Freshly Dug Sweet Potatoes


Stay Tuned

Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment