Friday 6 July 2012

Quick Fix

Miehun Goreng - Stir fry Rice Vermicelli Noodles

Quick and easy cooking is excellent for a quick fix.  Stir fry vegetables, stir fry noodles, stir fry meat or pasta and cheese, pasta and fish-tuna.

Stir fry rice vermicelli noodles are delicious, I like to eat it and love to cook it because it is my mother's favourite noodles. She loved to buy this noodles for the family, I remember one day,  mum and I went to a next neighbouring town from where I lived, for lunch that day she bought me this miehun goreng, (stir-fried rice vermicelli noodles) I remember vividly, and it was so delicious.  Every time I cook the dish, I think of my mother.

Miehun Goreng

Recipe
Miehun Goreng (Stir fry rice vermicelli noodles)
Ingredients:
125 gr dried rice vermicelli noodles, soak in warm water, rinse and drain
145 g thinly sliced meat: chicken, beef or fish or 125g mincemeat, herbs and 1 egg.
(mix together, the mince, egg, salt, white pepper and chopped spring onion)
1 tablespoon salty soy and 1 tablespoon sweet soy (kecap manis)
2 tablespoons oil to stir fry
1 cup stock and 1 clove garlic, crushed
A cup mixed fresh sliced vegetables, carrots, celery, and cabbage (anything you like)

Method
In a wok, stir fry the mincemeat mixture until cooked
Add in the stock, garlic, and vegetables, cook for a minute, stir together
Add in the noodles cover the wok and cook for 2 minutes over high heat
Open the lid, toss and mix the noodles, the meat and veg, add in the soy
Stir the noodles to make the soy mix evenly with noodles, until it looks a lovely brownish colour
Transfer onto a hot serving dish, garnish with fried shallot to serve
Enjoy the easy recipe, inexpensive but a very delicious meal.

*******


A day when easy baking is done successfully, it pleases me.  That makes more baking possible.
Today is Friday, the baking preparation for the next week menu is beautiful, no recipe, cooking from the heart is the way to go.  It is chou paste (cream puff pastry).

I thought that would be more economical if I used the oven productively, then I quickly prepared date scones, a healthy sweet to go with tea or coffee. It is indeed by far much lighter and healthier than cream biscuits.

Baked Date Scones


Baking scone about 11 minutes before baking of choux paste.  The chou paste is baked in a hot oven at 225 degrees C for 18 minutes then reduced to 175 degrees, and continue cooking for 22 minutes.

Chou Paste is baking in the Oven.


Freshly Baked Chou Paste


Quick and productive cooking, everyone can do it.  It is a matter of being efficient in the kitchen.  

Have a happy and restful weekend and enjoy.

Until Next Post
Thanks For Visiting My Blog
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment