Saturday 14 July 2012

Flowers


Beautiful Flowers

The potted cyclamens are flowering beautifully and so do a few of my cymbidium orchids.  Some of them are budding,  I am sure they will open to show off the blooms within a month.  The JR’s orchids have been flowering for the past few months, amazing!.
Updating about the budding cymbidium orchid.  It is now blooming and showing off the beautiful pink colour.

The budding cymbidium is in full bloom now
Pink budding Cymbidium


I learnt that I should not keep the orchids that have small buds in the house too early.  The buds were growing more prominent, but they were not happy, so they dropped before blooming.



 
The amazing crucifix orchids have been flowering since January this year and they are still going beautifully.  I don’t know much about this orchid, I think they like the place where they are sitting,  I only water and feed them.  The flowers last for a long time, they never stop to amaze me.  I call them JR’s orchid, as they used to belong to our friend Joan and Roland.




More pictures of the orchids are taken today Friday the thirteenth 2012.


From my kitchen window, I saw one Peace Rose flower, bright and beautiful.  I was tempted to pick it, but the weather was not only cold but also wet, it was raining rapidly


Budding Cymbidium is sitting outside, soon they will open to bloom.


A short entry about flowers today.  I included a recipe for quick baking to enjoy the cake over the weekend.


Chocolate Cake with Pear Topping.
Ingredients:
1 cup and half of the self-raising flour
1egg
1tablespoon coco powder mixed in pear syrup
3/4 cup soft brown sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon yoghurt
1 cooked pear in syrup, sliced


The Cake Mixture
Simply mix all the ingredients together.
Beat the egg, softened butter and yoghurt, add into the rest liquid ingredients.
Add the liquid mixture onto the dry mixture-flour and sugar, mix lightly and quickly.
Transfer the cake mixture on two lined and buttered cake tins.  Place the sliced pear on top.
Bake in preheated medium-hot oven for 35-40 minutes until the cakes are golden brown.




Pear and Chocolate Cake is ready to bake.

The Freshly Baked Cake


The cake keeps well in an airtight container.  It is a soft and moist cake.  Serve with tea or coffee.
Happy Baking.




Until Next Post
Thank You For Visiting
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment