Saturday 1 December 2012

Summer Roses


Today is the first day of summer in Australia; I wish you all to have a good season.  Enjoy the summer!

Summer fun, in the garden to look after the roses and enjoy them, I will be working and enjoying the garden more, especially when the weather is not too hot.

Today I picked beautiful and colourful my summer roses, but other roses are ready to be pruned, lightly pruned only.

I hope it will be a  good day this weekend to work in the garden,  pruning, watering and fertilising the roses are on my list.

Actually, I am not too sure about the fertilising, maybe I don't have to.



Beautiful cluster miniature red roses




Pruning The Roses
These roses need light pruning this summer





The Roses after light pruning





The bonus after the pruning
A basket of creamy and white roses, I will put in a vase, and I shall  enjoy for a few days 



The Summer Roses for The House



Cooking on the first day of summer 2012
 Sautéed endive, a fresh and clean summer dish


For today the first day of summer, I cooked sautéed endive for dinner, sweet but simple.  I organised it before I worked in the garden, washed and shredded the endive then I put in a bowl to keep fresh.


Sautéed Endive

Sauté the shredded endive in olive oil, toss and mix until the endive is wilted but still crunchy; add some salt, pepper and fresh orange juice.  It took less than two minutes of cooking.  The family loved it.
It is a good start for summer cooking



More about Roses
My champagne rose is impressive, it has the colour of light cream, but after it is in full bloom, the tone changed to be light greenish with red/pink dots.
AB
The rose from A -  changed into B



don't understand nature, what I do is to enjoy and to appreciate this gorgeous champagne rose.  It brought back to my memory, a long while ago I got fifty champagne roses from Rayner for my birthday present.  Now I have the plant in my garden, it is one of the best roses of my collections, so precious.

It has been a good start of summer; I hope it has been for you too.




Until Next Post
Thanks For Visiting

No comments:

Post a Comment