Thursday 6 December 2012

Iceberg Roses

Iceberg Roses
The white 'Iceberg' rose has been one of the most popular of all garden roses since it was bred by Reimer Kordes in Germany in 1958. It is famous as it is easy to grow, disease-free and flowers for many months of the year. It has clusters of white flowers with a light fragrance (Burk's Backyard)

I have their colours of iceberg roses,  they are white standard while climbing,  a pink standard and burgundy rose bush.
These roses are very generous and easy to care for.  The white climbing rose iceberg earns it place in my garden, at the moment it is at its best.
The white climbing iceberg rose is flowering beautifully in my backyard.

Pink standard iceberg rose.


Two iceberg roses are in flowers in the backyard, other flowers - hydrangea are flowering but not yet in full blooms.


In The Backyard.
It is always good to work in my backyard.  I have been busy with planting, cleaning and moving around plants.  I love having topiary plants, some of them are in pots, but I decided to put my potted topiary plants in the ground.  The wet weather helped me to get the soil soft and comfortable to dig, and the rain helped the plant to settle down.
The peacock topiary sits in the corner, together with the other topiary plants, I am sure it is going to survive and live very well.

Digging and Digging
It is good to get my hands dirty


The cotton palm now is planted in the ground.  It has been in the pot for the past eight years at least.  I hope it likes the place.


Five potted topiary plants are no longer in their pots,  but they have their own places in the backyard.  I am having a break today, enjoying the warm spot inside the house, it is cold and wet outside.  However, thanks to the rain.


Until Next Post
Thanks For Visiting
Susy

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing those greens! It makes your garden look healthy and vibrant. Anyway, have you thought about adding some colors to your garden beside white roses? Adding some might make your garden look even lovelier and livelier!

    Bethel Woodard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments Beth, I do have a lot of colours in my backyard. From red roses, pink, yellow, purple to orange. I am pleased that you stopped by looked up my blog.

      Delete