Thursday 20 December 2012

December 2012

Sponge cakes with Chocolate Cream
Patisserie filing
December is the last month of the year everyone is busy, any clubs are winding down to finish up for the year.
Our Keenager Table Tennis Club, every end of the year celebrates the good times together, it has been a lovely ritual.  The members bring beautiful and delicious plates for the breakup party.  Hot coffee or tea are served, and people enjoy the savouries treat, sausage rolls, mini pies and sandwiches, and followed by the sweets, from scones, sponges, slices, fruit cakes to chocolate candies.  Today was no exception, in fact, we had more varieties.  I love the thoughtfulness of people who care about health.  It's the reason that large fruits platters were there.  Thank you so much, I enjoyed the fresh strawberries, grapes and cherries.
The year is over, and the new year is coming.  We say goodbye, for now, happy holiday and happy Christmas, see you all next year.
Chocolate sponge cake 
with chocolate cream patisserie filling
Chocolate ginger cakes filled with chocolate cream patisserie were our contribution and were well received.  I dared enough putting some Kahlua and Brandy on the chocolate custard cream.  Well, it is Christmas time, we ought to be merry and cheerful.  Red and green cherries represent Christmas colour and also give extra sweetness to the cakes.

Please look up older posts for the ginger fluff recipe with the difference, it has custard powder in it.  Susy's recipe.

As for the filling, it was chocolate cream patisserie, I added some Kahlua and Brandy because it is suitable for the occasion. Recipe for the filling is a standard recipe, I got it from somewhere, it is not my composition, I have been using it as far as I remember.

It was a hectic day but a fruitful one.  Everyone had games of table tennis, and I understood that they had fun, as I did.  The games were about two hours non stop.

I tried to catch up with more people today, but sometimes you missed a few.  Thanks to Anne and Max for the Golden Oregano plant.  I promise, and promise to look after it properly this time.  It is a beautiful and healthy looking plant.
Golden Oregano
From Anne and Max

Tomorrow is time to garden again, the grass needs to be cut all the mess has to be sorted out before Christmas.


My sponge cake for Christmas.
For a change, sponge cake is good to be served at Christmas instead of the traditional fruit cake.  I think the cake looks festive enough, for the season.  Of course with fruit cake, you can keep for months,  by all means, have sponges and also the fruit cake.

I wish you all,  our friends at The Traralgon Keenager Table Tennis to have a happy holiday and Merry Christmas 2012 and a prosperous New Year 2013.
Today the 20th of December 2012 is the last day.  Thanks for the good times, and see you all in the New Year.




Until Next Time
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment