Friday 7 December 2012

Hidden Treasures


Summer Strawberries
This year the harvest is not very good, there are red strawberries in the patch and ready to pick.  The berries are so small and not sweet, it is disappointing after all my hardships to care for them.  However I made the best for the berries, I made strawberry sauce and jam.

The small Strawberries

While I was watering the garden today, I found some hidden large red berries underneath the plants, I was so surprised and pleased.  They were only a few but they can be shared for two.  To me they were hidden treasures.

Hidden Large Berries

Maybe, just maybe I will find more large berries again, I noticed that the plants have grown taller, the leaves are larger and I saw a lot of flowers.  Time will tell!



In The Kitchen.

To relive my mother's kitchen, I cooked 'Sayur Bening', clear soup that was served daily in my parents'  house.  It was spinach or cabbage soup, a very nutritious soup.

Sayur Bening Susy's Style
The ingredients for my 'sayur bening: carrots, celery, iceberg lettuce, onion, white pepper and salt.  These vegetables are full of goodness.

The soup is clean, clear, no fat but very flavoursome.

Another precious thing that we can have, it is a very nutritious soup.  We got all the vitamins and minerals from the vegetables, another hidden treasures.



Veal with leek and yoghurt sauce.
Three minutes cooking, lean and lovely, and clean.  What does it mean, it means that the dish looks good, the taste is clean as there is no fat and the cooking is very quick.  This kind of cooking makes anyone able to eat with confidence, it is another hidden treasure too as we can get a lot of nutrients  from this food.





Last but not least I must show you what I served the fresh red strawberry with, it was served with strawberry sauce.  Small red strawberries can make luscious sauce.  Delish.

Freshly Pick Strawberries served with luscious strawberry sauce

Until next post, I wish you all enjoy the weekend, and if you stay in at some point and wish to cook, have fun in the kitchen, happy cooking and eating.

Thanks For Stopping By 
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment