Sunday 30 December 2012

December Garden


In The Back Yard

Roses come back to the flower, they are colourful, the potted Hoya plants are doing well, and the potted fig has sixteen fruits.  The Magnolia Grandiflora is in bloom, the beautiful large white flowers are so cute. Unfortunately, they don't last long.

In the vegetable patch, even though we have no chance to change the irrigation system, I got these plants in it;  zucchini, a self-sown tomato plant and they are growing very well and also some herbs and radicchio.  The herbs are doing fine, but the lemon balm plants are growing wildly.  The hot sun and the rain make my radicchio to flowers so quickly. Often I could not keep up with nature.

Roses

Beautiful burgundy Iceberg Roses



Hoya Potted Plants are in flowers.





Sixteen fruits on the potted Fig



Magnolia Grandiflora

It sits in the middle of the backyard, I planted there because I would like to sit under the tree to enjoy the yard and also I could see the white flowers from our bedroom.  Just the thought, but if the family is not happy about it as the leaves make a terrible mess, it can be chopped down.  The good thing about gardening, you can change any time.





In The Vegetable Patch
Zucchini plants

Self-sown tomato plant

Radicchio plants are flowering too soon.

Lemon balm plants

French Sorrel soon will be in flower too.

Chives and lemon thyme


I planted this palm in the backyard, it was in a pot for a few years,  at present is not looking good, but it is a time of adjustment.   When it's acclimatised,  I think it will love the spot and grow very well.
Cotton Palm

It is just a glance about my garden,  in the backyard.  I do have more to tell, maybe I will do it next time.  In the meant time, have fun, enjoy the summer and the holiday.


Adding New Vegetables and Herbs.

Purple Asparagus
I have green asparagus; hopefully, the purple will grow and be established in my garden.  Soon we will have green and purple asparagus for our dinner.


Common Thyme and Hot Oregano




Annual Plants
Hot Chillies

New plants of herbs to add my collections and I bought chilli seedlings, and I  am looking forward to planting and to harvest them.
It is good to have a treat of purchasing the seedlings and plants at the Grow Master's special offer recently, more so it is not far away from where we live.





Until Next Post
Thanks For Stopping By
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment