Friday 9 November 2012

Vegetables From Farmers Market

Cooking vegetables from the Farmers Market.  From the beetroot that I bought,  I made some pasta, and I also cooked it as a garnished for meat dishes.
Today I cooked a part of the cabbage, using stir fry method.  Discard the middle part of about seven leaves of the cabbage, then cut them into fine strips.  Stir fry in oil with bacon and cook until the cabbage just tender but not too soft.  Serve the cabbage with fried chorizo sausage.



Susy's Stir Fry Cabbage

Cook the sausages until golden brown, keep aside.  Chop the bacon, pan fry in oil until crisp, keep aside.  Use the same saucepan for cooking the cabbage, add in a little olive oil,  put in the cabbage and prepare it for a few minutes until just tender.  Transfer onto a serving dish, garnish with the chorizo, bacon and chopped fresh dill on top.

Delicious Stir Fry Cabbage with Bacon and Chorizo

Enjoy the cabbage as is or serve the dish with crusty bread and mustard sauce.  I love to eat it by itself with mustard.



The beetroot and the Dutch carrots.

What I did with the beetroot was for pasta, and also I cooked it to garnish meat dishes, and the Dutch carrot I simply poached them and dressed with fresh herbs and oil.

Hand Made Pasta
Dry hand made pasta: from beetroot (red/purple), spinach (green) to egg pasta (yellow).




Mini Beef Pies served with Poached Dutch carrots and double cooked beetroot.

Delicious salad beetroot leaves to garnish mini beef pies.


Fresh vegetables from the Farmers Market kept me amused in the kitchen, I did exciting dishes which were very enjoyable.
There are ways to cook vegetables, plain or spicy that makes children wanting to eat and the adult to enjoy. For me, the vegetables and salad are the keys in my diet.  Love them.




Added 10 November 2012, Mini Chicken Pies.
The first row with herb topping is the chicken pie.

This mini chicken pies with light filling-lean chicken with mustard go very well with the sweet Dutch carrots. 




Until Next Post
Thanks For Stopping By
Susy


1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention about the chicken pie. I did cook special mini chicken pies for Rayner. They were served with poached Dutch carrots dressed in fresh herbs and oil.

    ReplyDelete