Sunday 25 November 2012

Flowers - Plants


In My Garden Now.

Roses
The late flowering roses in my garden are pink Cecil Brenner, red intuition, dusky pink rose, standard pink carpet rose.



Three tall potted plants, 
Jade, flowering climber Hoya and Snap Dragon are doing well.

Flowers of the climbing snapdragon
The climbing snapdragon ( I hope it is the name), from Heronswood Nursery.



Succulents
My potted succulent is flowering, I did even know that it has flowers, and it is rather pretty.




Potted Hydrangeas
 They start flowering





















Magnolia Grandiflora
When I planted the Magnolia tree, I thought it would give me huge/ a lot of white flowers during the season, but unfortunately, it has not.



The Bad - The Good
Only took a day of hot weather, my roses look so sad.

 The beautiful roses are wilted and dry, but my consolation prize is that the potted strawberry has red berries, the potted mixed lettuce is almost ready for harvesting, and I found self - sown tomato plants. It pleases me.



Citruses and Fruit Trees
 I think we will have some fruits to harvest, they are only small now, I am looking forward to it.  The Tahitian lime, the lemons, and pomelo have a lot of baby fruits.  The apple and nectarine have a few.  I am not too sure about the mandarin.

Fruiting apple and nectarine trees
The Mandarin has a lot of flowers, a few fruits that taste so dry.


*******

The joy of having a garden, every day is always something to be excited about, finding new growth,  more surprises, a new hope of dying plant that going to live again, and the uninvited visitors- birds and butterflies.   Beautiful!


Enjoy your garden.

Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment