Tuesday 13 November 2012

Beautiful Day


Today is a big birthday for my eldest daughter Melanie.  This morning we rang her to wish her well and to have a great day.  It was s busy morning at her house, but it always is.
We started with a beautiful morning and ended up with a beautiful day, not to mention that I did superb cooking.
Beautiful Dishes

Mid-morning, Rayner had to go out for an appointment, while he was out, I had a long chat with Melanie, we enjoyed the catch-up, I am so happy for her that she does well for her family and I am happy for myself because my baby is forty today.  What a blessing.

Time to celebrate, I thought, It was busy in the office.  I baked a ruby cake, a moist cake with beetroot because the colour is so bright purple. I added up with a tablespoon of treacle to fix the colour.  It was not the colour that I was after; instead the cake became a chocolate colour.  Oh well, it's still delicious, a moist cake, I am sure.

Beautiful Cooking Today




Beautiful Food 
Ruby citrus salad

Mini mushroom and carrot rolls

Mini Herb Bread

Boiled Beetroot Pasta (homemade)



The pasta was dressed with herbs and Parmesan and garnished with pan-fried Tasmanian Salmon.

A beautiful Pasta Dish
Garnished with Pan Fried Salmon


A beautiful afternoon, I spent most of the time cooking these beautiful dishes, while Rayner was working in the backyard, cutting these tall hedges.  We both did beautiful work.

Beautiful red strawberries are cascading over the pot.  They are smallish strawberries but juicy.  I could use them for topping cakes to make them look gorgeous.

Everything is beautiful today,   I am sure Melanie had a great day with her beautiful family.


To you Mel, until this weekend when we will be spending time with you to have a beautiful celebration for your special birthday.




Until Next Post
Thanks For Stopping By
Susy


No comments:

Post a Comment