Saturday 24 November 2012

The Boathouse

We had an excellent family luncheon at The Boathouse restaurant in Maribyrnong.  It is Gary Mehigan's, the Host of Master Chef TV program in Australia.  Thanks to Susan and Tris who picked us up, helped us to get there. It was good to see  Lance, Jenny and the grand kids most of all the birthday girl our Melanie.  We miss Jane, Ed and Milo of course, but they are coming home from the Netherlands next year on Easter.

I love the food, it is simple, clean and delicious, it's modern Australian Cuisine.  What I had was fish- ocean trout, and Rayner had a pork dish.  I forgot to take photos of the main meal, but I got a few of the desserts.
Gary 's white chocolate mousse and a tart, I could not recall the name of the tart, Susan and Melanie had the beautiful tart.

Gary's Chocolate Mousse
The Tart


Little Lily sat at the end of the table, she looked so cute, was busy eating her food, she was so good.
The Tyres-Melanie, Thomas, Henry, Jenny, Mary Rose,
Lance and the petite boss is Lily

Susy, Susan, Tris, Rayner, Melanie, Mary Rose and Baby Lily



I think Melanie was happy to see everyone, she enjoyed the company and food too.  I am glad that you had a good time, Mel.  Happy Birthday, Melanie!.



We did not go home straight away after the luncheon, but we went to Mel's house for a bit, it worked well, as I had to give the grandkids my home baked cakes.

Home Baked-Pretty Cakes

A box of pretty cakes for the grandkids


I could not help it to bake these lovely cakes for the grandkids, after all, I don't get to see them often.  See you all again at Lily's baptism next month.

To Susan, thank you again, you are not only kind but very generous.  Talk to you soon.

Overall we had a great day, a tiring little journey due to the trouble of the V/line.

Have a good weekend.

Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment