Thursday 31 May 2012

Pumpkins - Potted Plants


Two pumpkins are harvested, now they are sitting under the sun for a few days at least.  My hope is for prolonged dry weather.  The self-sown pumpkin has three pumpkins all together, they are more than enough for us, I had cooked beautiful dishes from one of the pumpkins.  In fact, I cooked the flowers and the baby pumpkin as well, they were very delicate and tasty.
Today is a sunny day, strong, healthy and fit people would do outdoor activities.  Rayner is mowing the grass after a hectic morning playing sport.  The grass grows very slowly from now, but cutting the grass is a must to get the garden look acceptable.

Fresh Pumpkins are harvested. 


Potting herbs and lettuce are looking good, a few of my seedlings did not come out successfully.  To get ready seedlings from a nursery may be the right way this time.

potted rocket, lamb lettuce and lemon thyme

potted rosemary, endive and nasturtium

How fortunate would it be for us to have a fresh salad for winter from these potted plants?
Other potted plants that please me are the flowering cyclamens.  This year they do so well, and the flowers last for a long time.

healthy cyclamens are flowering, the leaves are gorgeous 

Indeed I am very proud of my garden,  I love to show it off,  this year the vegetable patch has been excellent, and the potted plants never stop to amaze me.  I am pleased to be able to share the pictures with you.

Tomorrow is the last day of the working week, enjoy the day.

Thanks For Stopping By
Until Next Post
Susy



No comments:

Post a Comment