Monday 14 May 2012

Mother's Day - Birthdays

High Tea at Mural Hall
Mother's Day in Melbourne was very delightful, thanks to Susan for the lovely afternoon.  It was a grand High Tea for all mums in the Mural Hall. We were welcomed with champagne then followed by the High Tea.  The menu was fabulous, delicate sandwiches, savouries, sweets and light scones with jam and pure cream.  It was a total indulgence and delightful indeed. 
I enjoyed the High Tea immensely, especially my baby granddaughter Lily Anna was there too.
We were sitting on table number 8, the ladies that sat next to me were so friendly, particularly Dianne, she and her younger sister were there for her mother,  Nancy.  I had a good chat with Dianne, I  made an instant friend/friends.  I wish you, Dianne, to have a pleasant stay in Melbourne before returning home to Brisbane.

After the High Tea, we had a fun party at my elder daughter's,  Melanie.  I think Mary Rose did an excellent job to organise it, she is only 6 years old, she made chocolate ripple cake, it was so delicious.
We got home at almost ten o'clock,  but we did not feel tired at all. Thanks, girls for the excellent time and the beautiful gifts. I had a great day.

Thanks for the beautiful presents

Soon after we got home, I decided to decorate the cake that I baked the previous day for Rayner's birthday. It was easy enough, It is an apple, and pear tea cakes topped up with chocolate ganache, almond flakes and glace orange peels, which is going to be shared with friends.
Beautiful and Moist Apple and Pear Tea Cake
Topped up with chocolate ganache, almond flakes and glace orange peels


We had a good morning, more so Rayner the birthday boy who has been busy since early in the morning receiving phone calls for birthday wishes and so on.
Every Monday we both enjoy our sports, table tennis.  It keeps us fit and healthy. 
We had a quiet day after the sport,  relaxed and had a light lunch.


A light lunch for today Monday.  It is so right, after playing the sport we ought to have food which is easy to digest.

May is the mammoth Month in terms of birthdays, we have ten friends who celebrate birthdays, and of course, Mother's Day falls in May as well.  It is a busy but happy time.

Tomorrow the fifteen of May is a special day for Edwin my son in law, it is his birthday, we will make a phone call to the Netherlands to wish him a happy birthday.  Two days in a row, we have two boys celebrating their birthday. In the same day, Nancy, a lady that I met in the High Tea, is celebrating her birthday as well.
On that note, I wish you, dear Nancy, to have a great day and happy eighty-second birthday.

I hope you all had a good Monday and you have a great week to come.


Thanks For Stopping By

Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment