Wednesday 31 October 2012

The Backyard (Continued)


Today I spent time in the backyard, and a lot of work has been done.  The yard looks better, neat and tidy, I must maintain it well to keep it right all the time.
Irene,  a friend of ours,  invited us to see her garden, it is not only a beautiful garden, but it is a large garden,  the plants are so healthy, and it is a neat and well-kept garden.   Not only that,  but she did it by herself.  She gave me great inspiration to do better for my garden.
I am glad that we visited Irene, from now on I have to keep up and discipline myself to look after the garden.  As she said, if you like gardening the workload in the garden is nothing, I do it with ease because I love to do it.  She is totally right.

Here I am sharing, showing what I have done in my garden today, I am pleased to say that I worked in the backyard for long hours, but it was good.


The Clean Corner
This space was a very messy corner, took us a few stages to make it right and clean.  Today is the day, now no more mess, broken branches or dry leaves.  I started it last month, trimming and cutting, but Rayner finished the job today.  It does look good.



Magnolia Grandiflora
It is a young tree now, smallish but eventually, it will be a tall tree.  I love the flower, it is white, and the tree is perennial, not deciduous.  It keeps the garden green.  Lately, some of the leaves are yellowish, so I put some blood and bone; hopefully it will fix the problems.



Rayner's Kalamata Olive
This year it has lots of flowers, maybe he will have a good harvest.  I like to preserve the olives and use them for cooking: pizza or mix them onto salads.



Nectarine Tree

It is healthy enough, but it does not have lots of fruits.  It needs a rest this year.



Small bushes to Conifers
Small shrubs, standard roses, conifers are looking well, I think this year is the year of Roses.



Potted Plants and Hydrangea
Potted plants are at their best, and the hydrangeas will soon be flowering in summer.

It has been an enjoyable day to be in the backyard. My burgundy iceberg rose has the first flower.  I cut it, and it is on the coffee table, I love the beautiful deep red-burgundy colour.  Beautiful!


Iceberg Rose




A Beautiful View
A part of the backyard, beautiful scenery from our kitchen window, the twin standard crab apples were trimmed and dressed today.  Soon this space will change its look, but it will change for the better.  Stay tuned to find out.



We both love our garden, the backyard such a green place.  It has a bushland feel.



Until Next Time
Thanks For Visiting
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment