Wednesday 3 October 2012

Buds To Flowers

In the backyard today, I finished tidying up and loosening up soil from yesterday's work.  No, it was not in the vegetable patch, but all my potted plants on my list.

The rose bushes and miniature roses are budding, it is the time for feeding with rose fertiliser.   Ideally, the roses have to have complete fertiliser soon when the new growth leaves are appearing (late winter or early spring), then followed by putting specific rose fertiliser when they are budding.  This way, you will have vigorous, healthy plants with beautiful and loads of flowers.

The rose bushes are budding.




Miniatures roses with small new buds

*******



Seaside daisy is excellent to have, it is a fast growing plant with beautiful small white flowers.  I have a few of those, and I use them for borders.  They look so cute with these mass white flowers; however, I have to look after them well, they need trimming now and then to prevent from spreading and sprawling.

The Seaside daisies at their best

 ********



Flowering plants in my backyard, simply to enjoy this season.


*******


Rayner's apple tree is blossoming, he is looking forward to the harvest.


It has been great to work in the garden, it was a sunny day today, excellent to be outside.  I am looking forward to doing more in the coming week; hopefully the weather is good for it.

Happy gardening, enjoy the fresh air, the beauty of nature and have fun outdoors.




Until next time
Thanks For Visiting

Susy

2 comments:

  1. What a nice spring day in the garden. Meanwhile here it's overcast and rainy and 13 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice day, I had fun in the garden, but today is cloudy, it has been raining in the past few days so the ground is very wet.

      Enjoy the Autumn here Jane, not to cold, but it is cool and fresh I hope. mum xx

      Delete