Tuesday 16 October 2012

Spring Has Sprung

A Spring Day

Sunny, warm, so still, there was no wind, indeed a beautiful spring day.  I could not help it to get out doing light trimming for my topiary plants.  Two topiary chairs start filling up, and more potted Australian boxes that could be another topiary character are growing beautifully too.

Potted seeds of mixed salad are sprouting, I am so pleased about it.  I put some seeds on the ground last week, and now they are growing as well.  What I need to do is to protect them from the snails,  putting snails/slugs killer is necessary.

The potted mixed salad seeds are sprouting and also the ones in the ground.


Strawberry plants are flowering and start fruiting, and the potted strawberry plants are auspicious too.  They have flowers and little fruits now.


Walking around in the backyard, I noticed that the smoke bush is springing with gorgeous red leaves so beautiful, it made me think to make a red flower arrangement for the house.  The buds of red roses start to open up, there are more than two hundred and twenty-five buds.  And other roses are looking great, the leaves are very healthy, beautiful and almost shiny.  So far it is perfect, everything is growing well, the spring has sprung.


The herbs are coming back, thriving quickly, the warm weather helps the rocket flowering to make new seeds.  I do enjoy the spring today.


Red Rose Bushes with hundreds of buds, I could smell the delicate fragrance of the full blooms, absolutely beautiful.   Spring Has Sprung.  We shall enjoy and celebrate.


On that note, in the kitchen, a batch of pumpkin scone was baking away.  They're so soft and golden.  Tea and Coffee were served with the golden scones in the Garden to enjoy a spring day.


We were so fortunate, the rain came soon after we have finished spending time in the garden.  It was not heavy rain, but it was cold and fresh.

I hope the spring has sprung in your garden too, and enjoy!





Thank You For Visiting My Blog
Until Next Post 
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment