Saturday 13 October 2012

Ten Years Today


My Dear Mother

Today the 13th  of October is the tenth anniversary of my dear mother's passing.  I was not there to be with the family to celebrate her life.  I missed her,  she was a great friend, was very kind, very generous and loved by her family and her community.

She did not do the cooking for her family, but she used to be in the kitchen supervising the daily food, or cooking for special occasions.  Javanese resoles were my mother's favourite and now is one of my favourites.

I remember vividly, people/neighbours were there coming to help us to do the cooking (Rewang in Javanese terms) At my parents' house.   It was a Do,  mother expected guests.  I was allowed to watch and to learn at the same time.  It was a good experience, the experience that was repeated because in my mother's house often there were parties.

This afternoon while I was working in the kitchen, I was thinking of my mother.  Her advice to all kids was so simple: Be Good and Give Better to Others.  And that is what she was.
Thinking of your mother, and thank you for your love.

 Javanese Resoles
Preparation and Cooking 
pancake batter for the Javanese Resoles

cooking pancakes

the filling and pancakesAdd caption

making the resoles

resoles are ready to pan-fry

pan-frying the resoles, using very little oil

the resoles is pan-fried until golden brown
place the cooked resoles on absorbent paper

serve resoles hot, warm or room temperature

It was good fun to cook the resoles, I will share them with the children and grandkids.  

Mary Rose is turning seven years old tomorrow, her mother is preparing a beautiful birthday cake for her.  I did ask if it is ok to bring along the Javanese resoles, and she said that would be great. 

Recipes of Javanese Cooking, please look up older posts.



To my dear mother, you are with me always.

Thanks For Stopping By
Until Next Post
Susy


No comments:

Post a Comment