Tuesday 9 October 2012

Baked Pumpkins

Baked Large Pumpkin

I did a roast lamb recently, that took me about two hours to cook, there is a space in the oven just enough to bake a large piece of pumpkin.


To Bake The Pumpkin 

Baking the whole pumpkin or a large piece of pumpkin. Wrap unpeeled pumpkin in baking paper then wraps it again with some foil.  Place it on a baking tray, bake for 1 hour or more depending on the size of the pumpkin

Today I served it for lunch, cold roasted pumpkin with spinach, rocket and Feta salad.  It was so delicious, the sweetness of the pumpkin was neutralised by the saltiness of the Feta cheese, a perfect and delightful balance of flavour.

Cold Roasted Pumpkin and Spinach, Rocket Salad with Feta


Baked pumpkin can be used for the base of other dishes.  I use it for baking scones, cakes, souffle also for soups or homemade pasta.


Other Ways To Serve Baked Pumpkin
cold baked pumpkin served
with salad and raw, roasted lamb

hot baked pumpkin served
with spicy lamb and gravy



That was a pumpkin that I had from the last harvest.  I have done a lot of cooking from the crop even though we had only a few.

More pumpkins for this year? I am not sure.  In fact, the vegetable patch is not fixed yet, I don't think they will be fresh vegetables from the backyard, I may have to go to the market.





Until Next Post
Thank You For Visiting My Blog
Susy

2 comments:

  1. Did you not season the pumpkin so you could use it for a variety of purposes? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I did not. Try to cook pumpkin that way, it is much better. mum xx

      Delete