Saturday 17 December 2011

The Olives

The Preserved Olives are Ready to Dress


About six months ago I did preserving olives - the harvest from my backyard, now they are ready. Today I decided to dress the preserved olives.  It is an exciting time, after keeping the olives in the dark for six months now we can enjoy them.  To dress the olives is up to anyone's taste.  I like the flavour of mixed herbs and olive oil, I don't use any vinegar.  I guess I got the influence of the Sicilian people, I love all the flavours of their cooking.  The herbs I use are dried oregano, fennels, chilis and bay leaf.


Precious Preserved Olives

My Home Preserved Olives
Dressed With Oregano, Fennel, Chilis, Bay leaves and
Olive Oil

How to dress the preserved olives
Take some of the olives that you need to have.  Rinse with fresh water and taste it.
(If the taste is far too salty, you may have to soak it with clean water for overnight.)
When the taste is perfect/not too salty, wash and rinse with fresh water
Drain it properly, add in the mixed herbs and good quality olive oil
Stir thoroughly, then top it up with extra olive oil
You could serve the olives in the same day
Refrigerate any leftover.


To Dress The Preserved Olives






Preserved Olives is Dressed Ready to Serve

I am planning to serve the olives tomorrow for a mixed salad.  I have tasted it, it's okay.  It takes about six months to wait, but it is worth it. 

To all of you who follow this topic, I hope you got the answers.  The preserving Kalamata olives are successful. However, the colour of the olives has changed from black to brownish.  But I am not disappointed about the taste.
It is a natural process of preserving olives,  without any preservative or chemical added.


From The Fresh Olives   To   Preserved Olive






Successful Saturday, I do hope you have one too!

Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment