Wednesday 28 December 2011

The Gloves

Clearing up the Roses



Today is a lovely warm day, sunny and dry.  I spent a few hours in the garden to weed and to tidy up my roses.  There were yellow leaves that looked very bad.  It took me a good two hours just to clean about ten rose bushes.  But the pair of gloves that I had on saved me from the nasty thorns.  The job is done quickly, the roses are clean and looking fantastic, the gloves did the job. Thanks to my Kriskringle.  About two dozen roses to go, I may have to do it another day.


These are the unpleasant looking rose bushes, they have powdery yellow substance, and the leaves are yellow too.  Spraying with some chemical to them, I am not that keen, so I leave them as they are after the clearing up.




The unhealthy yellow leaves






After cutting the yellow leaves, the clearing up has to be done straight away, I transferred the cutting and the leaves to the rubbish bin.  It was effortless, the job could be done with confidence with heavy gloves on.





The rose bushes are looking much better now, the stems are lankier and cleaner.  I hope they stay that way, just wait and see.



It has been a handy day, as the saying goes: do the job with the right gear then you will achieve a better result.  Well, that is very true.  Pruning the roses with a sturdy pair of beautiful leather gloves is the right thing to do.  To make things better is that my gloves were sent from the other end of the world-The Netherlands.   Thanks, Ed.


 beautiful leather gardening gloves perfectly fit for me




Another day for gardening soon.

Until next post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment