Tuesday 6 December 2011

In The Garden


Hi everyone, I am so pleased that I posted my Christmas Turkey Recipe yesterday, now you can start to do the shopping. 

This year we will be spending our Christmas lunch at my eldest daughter Mel, yes we are relaxed this year, we will enjoy our grandkids and spending time with Susan and her boyfriend as well.  We will be missing Jane, though, she lives in the Netherlands with her husband.  She will be having a beautiful white Christmas with her new family and friends.  It's all good.

I have more times to do things that I wish to do,  gardening can be the first priority. 



Restful    Garden


This time I could do more work around the garden, particularly for the potted garden. It is time to give some fertiliser. My garden is looking good, thanks for the rains to keep the hydrangeas flowering beautifully. The summer is still mild, soon when the hot weather is here, the flowers and the plants will suffer.  Australian summer can be warm and dry.




The Potted Garden







In The Vegetable Patch

In my veggie patch, today harvesting the red cabbages, and one green cabbage.  To catch up and update my cabbage bags and chilli bags: they were not good at all.  I had to throw them away, I failed badly.  There is always next time. I am pleased that I could share my cabbage and herbs with friends.  That is indeed the fruit of hard work.  It is good.

Freshly picked: savoy cabbage, red cabbages and mix herbs.
 


On a Bright Sunny   And   Dry Day

Resting after a long hard work in the garden


I have a reasonably healthy garden, a smallish backyard, but at times it is far too big for the two of us to maintain, even though I choose plants that are easy to look after. What garden is it, well it is not a formal garden, it is not a cottage garden.  I call my garden 'as you like it' garden. 

We love our garden, we like to garden particularly on a good sunny day, looking after the veggie patch or cutting the grass-lawn, looking after the hedges, and enjoy the flowers.  Today some cabbages are harvested, it pleases me.

Until Next Post

Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment