Wednesday 21 December 2011

Midweek

Midweek Cooking

Most of us like to have comfortable work at midweek.  Today was an easy and quick cooking but a healthy and nutritious meal. Yellow turmeric rice is served on a bed of lettuce leaf and garnished with pan-fried salmon and tomato chilli salsa.

I got the idea from my mother, she used to have takeaway food, especially noodles.  Traditionally the noodles were wrapped in a piece of plain paper which is lined with some banana leaf, but mother had a different idea, she wanted the paper lined with a whole large fresh white cabbage leaf instead.

I did serve my rice on a large iceberg lettuce leaf, it was very refreshing that way I did not need to prepare any salad, mother was right, her idea was great,  It was very quick cooking indeed. 



Food was ready at the table within 22 minutes.  I am so pleased.   Another easy cooking for midweek may be pasta dishes.

The Cooking


There are no pictures how to cook the salmon: skinless salmon fillet thinly sliced about 110 g each, rub with butter/margarine, pan fry 1 minute each side in the hot heat, when it's cooked transfer onto a very hot plate, then cover it with foil.  The salmon was cooked very well, but it was not pinkish in the middle.  Keep aside. 
I dressed with tomato chilli salsa, and chopped fresh herb, a slice of lemon,  at serving time.

To cook the rice, it is the same technique as cooking steamed rice.  Look up my older post.

There you have it, simple midweek cooking.  A super home cooking meal.



Until next post.
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment