Saturday 30 April 2011

Afternoon Tea - The Royal Wedding

Master  Henry

Yesterday I looked forward to watching this Royal wedding, and also I looked forward to having master Henry’s visit.  I prepared a beautiful and elegant afternoon tea.  It was indeed a treat for the adults, but master Henry did not eat much; however he enjoyed the strawberries, the topping of the strawberry shortcake.  He loves fruit, especially berries.

We had early dinner; I cooked (singgang ayam, my style).  It is a roast chicken-cut in halves with rosemary and garlic, garnished with red cabbages dressed in avocado dressing and served with white steamed rice.  I am so lucky that master Henry had some, and he loved it. After that, we spent more time with him until he had his bath soon after, Melanie - his mother put him to sleep.  It ‘s okay, we can relax, and I knew that we would have a great evening.  So we had.

Afternoon Tea with Master Henry


I watched this Royal wedding on TV full of attention.  I could see the crowd from everywhere.  I love to see beautiful people in beautiful dresses.  This wedding took place at the Westminster Abbey; I have been there for one-hour for a divine office when Rayner - my husband - and I visited London for the second time.  For some reason, the inside of the church looked different, it was dark, I thought, even though it has a very high ceiling. I did enjoy the choir at the divine office.  This time the inside of the church looks so bright, grand and opulent.  The wedding ceremony was traditional of the royalty, and yet so calm, relaxed and solemn.  The bride - Kate - was so beautiful and serene, in her gorgeous dress and the groom - Prince William - was so handsome in his uniform.  They looked so perfect together.  I wish them well and full of happiness. 

I did enjoy the evening, mainly; I could share my time with Melanie - master Henry’s mother.  It is a rare occasion.   Melanie had a good time too.  I am a proud, nana; I call my grandsons ‘masters.’



Delightful  Afternoon  Tea:  Savouries  to Sweets

Mini wedges poached prawns in zucchini.

Light carrot and cheese bread with pine nuts
Sliced served with avocado

Strawberry Short Cake
With homemade Jam and Strawberries for my garden

Mini Cheese Cake






3 comments:

  1. Looks like your blog and email must be fixed and all ok now mum! That is good. We had a really nice time with you and Pop and I especially liked being able to rest, watch the royal wedding with you and be pampered and cared for by you and Dad. I am so lucky! All the food was extra delicious too.

    ReplyDelete