Tuesday 19 April 2011

Freshly Baked For A Dear Friend

The Muffin

The telephone was ringing while I was preparing lunch, so I let it go as the answering machine was on. The telephone call was from Lyn, a dear friend wanted to know if she could come to see me.  I know she is busy, and yet she's finding time to catch up. I was so pleased that we could see one another in the following morning. I did not have anything to serve for morning tea, so that day, I baked chocolate date muffins for her.  She loved it, so it is hers.  "Lyn’s Chocolate Date Muffin".

A note for you:
I had a lovely time Lyn, I wish you well for a great year, busy but happy.  Thanks for your visit.

Freshly Baked Muffin - A Cup of Coffee





Recipe to share:
Lyn’s Chocolate Dates Muffins
Makes 12  muffins


Ingredients:
1 2/3 cup self- rising flour
2teaspoons coco powder
¼ bicarbonate of soda
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white castors sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
A ½ cup of vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk/water
½ cup zucchini pure
24 dates, chopped
Icing sugar for dusting

Method:
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C
Buttered 12 muffin tins
In a bowl, place flour, cocoa powder,  bicarbonate of soda, brown and white sugar.
Using a large spoon, mix those ingredients together.
Add in the oil, egg, water, the dates and the zucchini pure; mix gently to combine (do not over mix)
Spoon the cake mixture into buttered muffin tins (about 2/3 full), bake in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes.
Let stand  5 minutes, before turning out.  Cool on a tray.

 To serve:  dust with icing sugar, serve warm or cold,  with tea or coffee.

Ready to bake

Baked Muffins

Freshly Baked Muffins Dusted with Icing Sugar


Chocolate Date Muffin is Served



No comments:

Post a Comment