Thursday 8 September 2011

The Swan

A  Sad  Swan

The beautiful morning I thought,  I took my camera and went out in the backyard exploring what was happening out there.  The garden is looking good, with the green grass.  The past few days we had sunny days and one of light rain that helped all the plants grow very well, until I found one of my topiaries looking so sad, the swan.  It has no leaves, and it is dark brown now.  A very sad looking swan.  I planted the Australian Box about eight years ago to make the topiary, it has been good until this year.  Is it going to come back?  Just wait and see.

The Sad Swan
Losing leaves, Brown Twigs!

However, a lot of things that I could celebrate and be so thankful for. The potted wisteria is blooming, the roses are really coming back beautifully, and I saw a few buds already.  Strawberry plants are flowering too, the potted herbs are shooting.  In the vegetable patch the cabbages, lamb lettuces are taking off.  The flowering Jasmine is earning her place, spreading the fragrance generously.
The new spring of the deciduous gives me pleasure, and the weeping crabapple trees are bursting with buds. They give us a beautiful pink blossom every year.

 

Something to be grateful, that the faithful veg patch always gives us leafy greens every day without fail.  My husband and I enjoy the fresh salad daily.




I hope the swan will be back, it is spring after all.   Everything starts again. 

Until next time
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment