Sunday 4 September 2011

Sunday.

The First Sunday - Father's Day


It has been a good Sunday, a great father’s day.  Telephone calls from the girls, and also from the grandkids wanted to catch up with POP.  I am sure he felt so special.   A gift, even more, gifts to come for their dad, the ritual that happens every year is here again.  Things have never changed, only different.  Our children have their own places now, but we are all together.  We are blessed.

Mid-morning, a visitor, I am glad that we could catch up with one of our dear friends.  A lot of good things today.  And in the afternoon, phone called from the Netherlands, well it was expected, she does it every year without fail for father's day.  I think Rayner has been enjoying his day.

While Rayner-my husband talking with my daughter on the phone, I was busy in the kitchen doing my cooking for deep-freezing.   I cooked pork and vegetables wrapped in bean curd sheets.  It is baked instead of being deep fried.  I freeze them for the children when they come home.

Baked Pork and Vegetables Rolls

Bean Curd Sheets in a Packet.
A Piece of the Bean Curd Sheet













No Recipe today


For Sunday Best to cook a healthy dinner, no cake, no rich sauce and no dessert.  Pretty easy cooking really, I prepared a roast lamb served with the  'jus', no gravy.  I thought it was rather bland, so I added up, roasted onion, garlic and mushrooms.  Sweet potato, steamed broccoli was the garnished.  Yes, it was good and a healthy meal. 
Indeed, it was The Best of Sunday Best. 

I don't do Sunday Best every Sunday, a lot of Sundays I do Simple Sunday, and yet it can be good too.

Roast Lamb on a bed of Mushrooms, Roasted Onion and Garlic
Served with a jus


A lovely Sunday today!  I am looking forward to Monday, we shall have a great week  :)

Have a busy and happy week to you all.
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment