Sunday 25 September 2011

Barramundi

Farmers  Market

Baking

In the town where I live, we have a farmers' market.  It takes place every fourth Saturday of the month.  I do go there some time.  Today I almost forgot that it is on, it was already after mid-morning.  I went with my husband to check it out.  Yes, we were lucky enough that the stalls were still going,  but they were preparing to pack up, after all, it's almost twelve o'clock.

I was lucky enough to get some fresh produce such as a bunch of Dutch carrots, celery, honey and the fresh fish 'Barramundi'.  I am looking forward to cooking it for our Sunday Best.   I got Barramundis from the Farmers' Market before, it's always fresh and sweet. 

The first time I ate the fish was in 1999 when I attended a cooking class in Melbourne.  The teacher was a Swiss Chef from the Hilton, showing us how to cook baby Barramundi.  I did not think much about it, I know Barramundi is Australian fish, that interests me.

Today is Sunday, we had commitments and very busy.  I didn't cook the fish.  Instead, I did some baking.  Monday dinner is going to be a treat,  I shall prepare the fish.

I baked a Jumbo scone, why not.  If there are Jumbo cupcakes, why not a Jumbo scone at least.   So I called it:  Susy's Jumbo Scone.

Susy's Jumbo Scones






The Recipe

Susy's Jumbo Scone

Ingredients:
1/2 cup full self-rising flour
1/4 cup milk
1 dessert spoon margarine
1 dessert spoon sweet potato puree
1 tablespoon full sultana
Method
Put the oven to 200 degrees C
Rub the self-rising flour with the margarine
Add in the rest of the ingredient, mix together
Knead it lightly and shape it into round
Put onto a baking sheet
Brush the top of the scone with milk
Bake in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes
When it is cooked, wrap in a cloth, keep aside
It serves for four people
Dress it prior serving, cut the scone into two then butter them
Put some topping, jam, nuts and chocolate chips


The scone looks tasty, soft and delicious, the family enjoyed it.

Have a happy Monday and a good week.

Until next time
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment