Monday 26 September 2011

Easy Fix

There are days that I don't have enough time for food preparation, but I want to cook, then I do 'Easy Fix'.  A lot of tasty and healthy meals that I can do with this idea. Using can food is good, a lot of fresh produce that I could do Easy Fix with:  potatoes, pasta and eggs and also steaks, chicken fillets, fish, tofu and vegetables.

All fresh from Farmers' Market
Potatoes, for potato frittata, Egg for omelettes, chicken, fish and tofu they are suitable for sautéing.

Pasta is so versatile, boil the pasta, then toss it with the best olive oil, Parmesan cheese and some greens that you have; rockets, asparagus, broccoli.  It takes you about 11 minutes.

Vegetables are suitable for salads with a simple dressing. If it is for the main meal, I would add some nuts, potato, cheese and eggs. 

Now with steaks, choose the cut that is suitable for grilling or pan frying.  It takes 6-8 minutes for cooking and serves with a salad and pesto (if you have the pesto at hand)  If you want to serve it with sauces, then it is not an easy fix anymore.  Sauces take a long time to prepare, especially the classic French sauces.
Tuna, salmon from the can be cooked for patties.


  
Fish is our Easy Fix for today, it is a treat because it's a fresh fish Barramundi from the farmers' market.  Monday is an easy day for me and for us.  I do love Mondays


Rustic  Pan - Fried Barramundi With Crispy Herbs And Asparagus.

Pan- fried the fish, served with a salad and crispy herbs.  I needed thirteen minutes for the preparation to serving, that was not bad at all.
The fish was creamy and crispy outside, the crispy herbs add new textures and flavours.

The Rustic Barra was very well received.



I think we can have a break from routine, everyone must have one.  A little break is a holiday too.


Until next post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment