Saturday 3 September 2011

Star Hotel


A Sunny Morning

Today I enjoyed my morning, we went for a walk; my husband- Rayner and I -  go downtown.  It is not far away from our home, it is just the right distance for us. 

On the way home, we stopped by at Cafe & Larder to have a cuppa in the Star Hotel.  It is the oldest Hotel inTraralgon, it was constructed in1865 and listed in under a Cultural Heritage.
I ordered the Devonshire Tea and Rayner had a coffee.  That was the most generous Devonshire Tea I ever had, we shared the scone, jam and cream.  Rayner said that the coffee was good.    It was quite a treat for us.



Sometimes we can enjoy and appreciate the services of others, at the same time we support the local business people.   It's all good.  I did have a great morning.  Now I have to do my weekend's routine.  On that note I wish you all to have a good weekend.   Tomorrow is father's day, my best wishes to all fathers, grandfathers,  to have a fantastic day.  Happy Father's Day!!!

Flowers From My Backyard
Veronica-Georgia Blue
Beautiful Blue, for All Fathers



More information about the Star Hotel Traralgon

Statement of Cultural Heritage Significance:

CITATION The Star Hotel was constructed in 1875 for F G Hickox on the east side of Traralgon Creek on the then road to Sale. The original weatherboard building with shingle roof contained six guest rooms. With the advent of the railway line, the bias of the town shifted westwards, and the Sale road was diverted to the opposite bank of the creek. This effectively removed the hotel trade, and the licence was transferred in 1882 to new premises elsewhere. The original building then became a boarding house and later a private house. The original form of the hotel is mostly intact although, the general land level having been raised around the building, the floor is vulnerable to dampness. Unique sapling studs still exist in partitions, and wooden shingles survive beneath the later corrugated iron roof. At some unknown later date, a gabled extension was added at right angles along with the western end-of timber construction, but of a different form.

Until Next Time
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment